We have worked with a number of customers who have left Yell / Hibu. Although they do try to put up a bit of a fight to hold on to you, moving your domain name away from Yell is fairly straight forward.
There are two ways to approach the issue depending on how quickly you would like to move away. The first is an immediate cancellation and move. What will happen is that Yell will cancel your web site with them and move the domain to another provider but this of course means that you may be without a web site. If you would like to do this, we would set up a holding page for you (with your basic business details - phone number, e-mail address etc.) so your information is still available to customers. We will also set up your e-mail accounts here and migrate all of your e-mails over for you.
The second option is that you have a new web site built and then cancel everything with them and have your domain name moved over to us or your new provider. Either way, the process is fairly simple. All you will need to do is:
- If you decide to have a new web site set up, do this first. If you need help, we can recommend a web design company to you
- Have your Yell account number ready and call them on 0800 7834160
- Tell them that you would like to transfer your domain name
- They will send a form to the e-mail address that they have on account for you
- Get in touch with us (or your chosen provider) and send them form over. We will complete the form and send it back to you
- You sign the form and send it back to Yell
They will now release the domain name over the next few days. We will keep an eye on things and let you know when it has arrived our end and point it to your new web site.
Forcibly Move Your Domain
If you would rather not deal with Yell directly or they are refusing to release your domain for some reason then please get in touch. It may be possible for us to move your domain to us without the need to contact Yell. For more information on this, please get in touch.