Protect Your Web Site with Extra Protect
Extra Protect is an extra service that customers with a Joomla or Wordpress web site can add to their hosting package.
We realise how critical your web site is to your business and so we have developed an extra service to help ensure your web site stays online.
Joomla and WordPress are two of the most popular Content Management Systems (CMS) used to create web sites. Due to their popularity they are prime targets for hackers to inject malicious code or just change the contents of the site without you knowing.
Recent hacks that we have seen include someone replacing all of the images on a company's web site with their own to malicious code which meant that the site was identified as being infected by Google and then the site losing its rankings in the search engine, meaning their customer enquiries dried up.
What is Extra Protect?
We already include a number of features in our hosting packages by default, such as:
- 24/7 monitoring of the server hardware
- Replacement parts and technical staff on site at all times
- 99.999% guaranteed uptime
- 4x daily backups of your site and e-mails
Extra Protect gives those customers that request it an extra level of protection, including:
- Regular manual virus scanning of your site
- Additional firewall at site level
- Continuous monitoring for changes to site files - if a file is changed on your site our system will flag it up for us to check that it's a genuine change and not malicious code being added
- Regular updates to Joomla / WordPress to ensure that the site and all of its plugins are kept up-to-date
This allows you to focus on updating your web site with content and not to worry about keeping the site software, virus scan, firewall and plugins up-to-date.
If you're already hosting your site with us, please get in touch and we'll set up Extra Protect on your site for just £1 a month.